Transitioning From Miss to Mrs

Name change after marriage is big decision and there are SO many options.  Will you take your spouse’s last name, hyphenate, take two last names without a hyphen, take your maiden name as your middle name, use your name professionally and his/hers socially or simply keep your maiden name?  The possibilities are overwhelming and the emotions around the concept of name change can be highly charged.

If you do decide to change your name (which most do), there is a stack of government name change forms waiting for you to complete and file in a specific order.

Follow these simple steps to make your transition from Miss to Mrs. a smooth one!

1 – Purchase 2 to 3 Certified Copies of Your Marriage Certificate

2 – Obtain a Social Security Card with Your New Married Name

3 – Update your Driver’s License or ID from your State Motor Vehicle/Transportation Office

4 – Notify the IRS of Your Name Change

5 – Update Your U.S. Passport

6 – Notify the Post Office

7 – Change Your Personal Paperwork

8 – Last but certainly not least, Use Your New Married Name!


We hope this list will make your transition from Miss to Mrs a little simpler! If you are still in the planning stage of your wedding and need a DJ, we can help with that as well!

The most important day of your life needs more than just a little planning, it needs professionals. Make your wedding an everlasting memory and allow Pez Productions to provide you with your complete wedding DJ services for the Ceremony and Reception. We will work closely with you to customize the entertainment for your special day. Pre-event consultations with DJ Fayyaz K ensure every musical detail is taken care of and in tune with your personal taste to allow the perfect DJ match up for your wedding. All Reception bookings include the possible option for MC services and assistance.