You’re Engaged! So Now What?
|Tips From a Calgary DJ|
The Valentine’s Day aftermath usually includes a ton of proposals (maybe you got engaged, yay!), or love is in the air and you’re feeling motivated to plan your big day. If either category applies to you, then you may need some quick tips on what to do following your engagement. Even if you got engaged a while ago, the following is for you too!
1. Announce your engagement! But not on Facebook. You will be excited and want to share this amazing news with everyone, but let your closest friends and family know first; this will be an exciting time for them too. You don’t want Auntie Carol finding out through the social media grape vine (trust us). But after you let your nearest and dearest, and Aunt Carol know, definitely look up Pinterest worthy ways to announce your big news on social media!
2. Pick a date. Yes, this does seem like something that can wait, but depending on when and where you want your wedding (maybe the 14th of February?), dates book up fast. And with most venues taking deposits one year before a couple’s chosen big day, try and pick a few dates and venues that you and your fiancé love.
3. Speaking of deposits…start saving for the big day asap. We all know weddings cost money, so we suggest starting to put some aside as soon as you can. When it’s time to pay your deposits, it won’t feel like such a huge amount of money all at once.
4. Are you going to hire a wedding planner? While this may seem like an afterthought and something that can wait, more and more couples are choosing to have someone assist them with the planning of their big day. So if you want some outside help, it’s better to decide sooner rather than later if a wedding planner is a good option for you. (we vote yes!)
5. Celebrate! Whether you throw an engagement party with friends and family, or just pop a bottle of bubbly with your new fiancé, make sure you take the time to celebrate this exciting moment. Make it as special and intimate or fun and busy as you want, but make sure you mark this momentous occasion down!
There isn’t a real set of rules that you absolutely have to follow. But we hope that by mentioning our top 5, you can get a good idea of what to expect and what we feel to be some of the most important things to consider as you embark on the wedding planning process.
You may also want to consider the following:
– Get your ring sized and insured!
– Start a wedding website
– Start searching for the vendors that require being booked ahead of time like the photographer, videographer, and… your Wedding DJ!
We know that wedding planning will probably become a little overwhelming, so allow Pez Productions to ease your mind and provide you with the highest quality DJ services for your ceremony and reception. With our expertly trained team, we will work closely with you to make sure that your special day is perfect. With optional Lighting and Photobooth services added to your DJ package, your planning process just got a lot more stress free.